Skip to content

chocolatebythebay.com Has Their First Experience With Raw Chocolate #fb

April 1, 2010

Sacred Chocolate:

I’d never eaten raw chocolate before. For my 1st time, I tried Sacred Chocolate’s 77% whole bean. It wasn’t gritty (my fear) and had a fruity taste that expanded as it melted in my mouth.

The big buzz with raw is that it contains important nutrients that traditional processes remove. Sacred takes it one step further and leaves the skins on the beans to be stone ground together. According to Mike Zwiebach, Sacred’s sales manager, the skins contain iron which women need. Including it makes sense since “72% of chocolate is bought by women. And the other 28% is bought for them.”

Sacred won a Best Organic or Fair Trade Product Line award and an Attendees Choice Award for Most Inventive (which might have been for Mike’s spiel).

Advertisements
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: